Autism Ribbon

Autism Ribbon
Looking for the the rest of the puzzle

Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

I got the best call this morning!!! Christmas came early

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!  It is the best call I have had in a long time!  Does anybody remember reading my post about going for a job where over sixty people showed up for?  I GOT IT!!!  Yep me - I am sorry for the ones who did not get it, really I am.  I start January 3rd.  It is great news! It is for the State and all those years I had with the State before count towards my retirement, even better news!!!  Maybe I will not have to be working until I am 100 years old, lol.  I think Christmas has came early!

My weekend, this is how my weekend went.  First besides school I have been working on putting together a Soldier's Ball and a family Christmas party for Mike's Unit.  This was my Saturday, I got up at 4:30 am to ride with Michael he had first formation at 8am and wanted to be there by 7:30.  From there I went to COFFEE, then went to the University to work on my a final paper that was due last night; I got it done and in before leaving the school.  Then I went and set up the Ballroom and to check on the food; then I spent the rest of the night babysitting a bunch of drunken soldier's.  For the most part everybody behaved and not a single person argued with me when I asked for their keys.  Every person got home all right.  I got to my room at 2:00am and put my drunk to bed.  Well in the morning we woke up to a snowstorm.  The guys all looked rough, yet they all made it!  As the day went on they had soldier call their family members to not try to make it to the party for the.  They had started shutting down the Interstates by the time it was supposed to start.  A handful of families had stayed in the city so they were there; we had food ordered for 150 people, Shelby and I had wrapped up Presents for all of the Kids for Santa to give to them - Santa could not get through the snow!  Now do not tell your kids about that one, it might scare them, but it is true he could not get there.  Soldier's living more than an hour away were dismissed, I was the host and needed to stay - we leave two hours away.  So our party was a complete bust, I guess you cannot argue with mother nature it is going to do what it wants.  We all ate; the food not eaten we told the cater to take it to the homeless shelter.  Mike and I were told to get the Hell out of there soldier's living in the city would clean up.  

Our drive home, like I said it is a two hour drive, that is if you can see the road!  It took us almost four hours!  We drove in a complete white out,  roads were shut down interstates were shutdown, but we forged on and made our way though.  I had been talking on the phone to our oldest daughter and had to get off, she heard her Dad say "oh S_ _ _ and she said what is wrong I told her and said I couldn't talk it was to scary, for Michael to be worried driving it was bad.  When we got home he said he never wanted to drive in anything like that again, and we both have grown up with snow and driving in it, but this was different.  I am happy to report everyone got home from the weekend all right.

Well I have rambled on here enough this morning, to all have a great day,
Just Me 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job. I know how hard it is out there when you are out of work. I will probably be unemployed again after the 1st of the year but I am trying to be obtimistic about it. Congrats again cousin. Love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I was pretty happy yesterday! I hope you do not have to go with out a job if you do I hope it is not for long.

    Love,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete