Autism Ribbon

Autism Ribbon
Looking for the the rest of the puzzle

Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

So, How do you like the pics? Favorite Christmas trees

Well tell me what do you think?  Have you ever had Christmas trees as great as mine?  These are my two favorites!  There are stories behind them.

The one on the top of the page is from 2006 - I think - we were not going to have Christmas at home.  Now I had never gone anywhere for Christmas before.  But in that year we had decided to go to our son and daughter-in-laws house for Christmas.  My husband was about to deploy and the kids thought it would be nice if we all had Christmas together.  As it got closer to the day, Chipper did not understand why we were not putting a tree up.  We told him over and over that Jona and Cooper were putting a tree up.  Being the autistic, CD little boy that he was, that was not good enough.  A few days before we were to leave he went outside to play with the dog.  After a few minutes went by we heard some noise at the door; I could not believe what I saw when I opened the door.  Here was my son standing there with this good sized limb from the lilac brush in his hands - it was almost half of it! 

Michael was right behind me to see this.  I was furious, before I could say anything chipper says look I got us a tree now Santa can find us.  Michael was whispering in my ear, do not be mad he meant well.  It was the cutest thing ever!!! 

So I went out and got a flower pot to put it in; Michael got sand, we stood it up and decorated it!!!  Chipper just could not understand not being home for Christmas and he was afraid if Santa did not find him at his brother's house and we did not have a tree then he would get nothing for Christmas that year!!!  It was great, and we loved the tree!

Now that you have all had a great laugh, have a great day,
Just me

2 comments:

  1. I remember that. Awesome tree :D It's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've heard that story before but it is still the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete